Monochrome Madness 50

I’m a bit late in the day for posting this beautiful rhodo bloom which is a rework from another spring day, and my submission to Monochrome Madness!  I thought the petals were very sensuous and looked like rumpled satin sheets!!

Please visit Leanne Cole and Laura’ Macky’s Monochrome Madness for a wonderful visual treat

The midnight garden

and I wanted a touch of colour as spring is on the way and by my old fence some crocuses have emerged!!

Crocuses in the dark

58 Comments Add yours

1. I agree!! Thanks so much Ritva!

Liked by 1 person

1. Aquileana says:

I love it! Happy weekend ahead to you ⭐ Best wishes. Aquileana 😀

1. Thank you Aquileana!

Liked by 1 person

2. DG MARYOGA says:

So beautiful your floral image in mono dear Cybele!Superb close-up revealing amazing details and beautiful light on the silky petals!Oh,how charming are also those yellow heads against the black backdrop!Spring is nearing ,indeed 🙂 ღ

1. thank you so much Doda!! I always love to get your comments!!

Liked by 1 person

3. lauramacky says:

Sumptuous! Both of them!

1. much appreciated Lauara! Thanks!!!

1. lauramacky says:

You’re welcome !

4. I like your comparison of the top photo to sheets – that’s creative and would make a good poem 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks Christy -I think so too!! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Sending hugs! 🙂

5. Tracey says:

Beautiful!
    And i’m so jealous of the crocuses, any plant that might be in our garden is still covered by a foot of snow 😦

1. thanks Tracey!! We did not get snow this year though I missed it. It usually never lasts long anyway but I do love it. It looks like we are in for an early spring!!

1. Tracey says:

I love snow, in moderation. But this year our winter has been pretty harsh. I’m looking forward to Spring soon much!!

2. 🙂 we have trees in bloom very early this year!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Tracey says:

Pffft!! Go ahead, rub it in, while I sit back and enjoy yet another snow storm 😉

4. lol – I wanted snow this year!!!!

Liked by 1 person

5. Tracey says:

I’ll send some right over 😉

6. haha too late!! Spring is sprunging!

Liked by 1 person

6. Maria F. says:

You worked both flowers beautifully; the B&W is really interesting!

1. Thanks Maria!!! This post was a bit hasty but so glad you and others liked it.

7. Katrina W says:

Two beautiful shots, Cybele. Sensuous is the perfect adjective for the rhodo, and I love the crocuses emerging into the light!

1. thank you so much for your comment Katrina!!

8. DG Hardy says:

I don’t comment much on your blog treasures but do keep up & am always brightened by the beauty & brilliance you create. Thank you for adding sparkle to the world & reminding us that it is there if we make it so. Brava!!!!! xo DG

1. thanks so much DG for stopping by!!!

9. Nita McGrew says:

Beautiful.

10. Absolutely sublime Cybele 🙂

11. Robyn G says:

Such loveliness.. and mystery 😃

1. Yes, I thought the rhodo looked quite mysterious in mono!! Thanks Robyn!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Valerie!!

12. Beautiful monochrome Cybele, amazing!

13. Amy says:

Truly beautiful! Wonderful lighting you brought up to the photos, Cybele!

1. Much appreciated Amy!!! Thanks!

1. Amy says:

🙂 Beautiful, as always!

2. Thank you so much Amy!!

14. Lovely soft focus on the monochrome! A nice photo once again 😊. The crocuses are exquisite too.

1. Thank you Pam- an incredible bloom!!

15. Very beautiful indeed, Cybele! 😀

16. lauramacky says:

Another beauty. It is rather sensuous now that you mention it! I need to turn away. lol

1. ha ha !! Me too!! My sheets are only cotton!! Thanks Laura!!

1. lauramacky says:

LOL You’re welcome!!

17. A very sensuous look & feel to the rhodo, Cybele, and I love the splash of color in the Crocuses in the Dark.

1. Thank you Debbie!! It is a lovely bloom!!

Come on , don't be afraid to squeak up!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s