Who, being loved, is poor? – Oscar Wilde

A little piece of the day!!  A small wedding big in love!  Nothing was catered but brought and made by friends and relatives.  (I made the punch and it was great!)

I am not a wedding or events photographer but a little photoshop magic and here are a few offerings.  My sister and friends said please don’t publish the awful pics I took of them, but, on my word, a good time was had by all!!  Until I got home and found one of the kids had flushed an ice cream bar stick down the toilet and now it’s Sunday and must call a plumber!  Still have guests lingering, past 3 days and Poor Richard’s Almanac notwithstanding.   ( look it up!!) 😀 Love them of course!!!

on the Salish Sea
crossing the Salish Sea on my sister’s boat from Sidney
bride's cake
The Bride’s cake!!
cake cut
Enough for two!! all tables had one ( baked by little Raven)
dance
The Dance of love

37 Comments Add yours

1. Having sung at weddings over the years, I’ve always preferred the smaller more intimate ceremonies and receptions. Those are generally the marriages that last, too!

1. thank you Sarah. It was really lovely!! My daughter was happy!!!

2. aishasoasis says:

So beautiful Cybele! I love that cake decoration, too, lol! ♥♥♥ ;^)

3. Ann says:

What is it with kids and toilets?! When Claire was a toddler, Bob had to remove the toilet a couple of times a year to retrieve some flushed item.

1. Cats and dogs like them too!! 😀

4. Roy McCarthy says:

Genuine happiness there, and well captured Cybele. May it last a long time.

5. Looks like you had a great time and I like the idea that everything was informal and home-made.

1. yes, it was simple but beautifully done. Thanks Andrea!

6. joshi daniel says:

nice moments 🙂

1. thank you Joshi, they were!!!

7. Mélanie says:

nice and emotional… ❤ my very best, now and always…

@"A small wedding big in love!" – same here last April, Belle Lune… 🙂

our daughter and her American hubby who has chosen/decided to live in France:

1. beautiful photos!! I wish them love and happiness always too!!

8. Amy says:

So beautiful, especially the second one!

9. Leanne Cole says:

The cake is so cool, so nice to see people getting married and not going for all the commercial crap that seems to go with weddings these days. My wedding was very similar to this. It is the marriage that is important, not the wedding.

1. so true and much easier for people who are struggling to make ends meet in this economy today!! The cake really brought a chuckle!! thanks for commenting Leanne!

10. Embracing a Wounded Soul says:

Beautiful shots. I love the cake cutting shot! Thank you for sharing 🙂

11. Embracing a Wounded Soul says:

Beautiful shots. I love the cake cutting picture! it looks like it was a grand time. 🙂

12. You need someone to shoot these casuals at these events – even if there is a formal photographer present. Nice shots.

1. It’s much more relaxed to do it casually, although so many did not turn out- a few did and very nicely. Formal shots are more time consuming I think!! They did have a friend’s father who did wedding shoots take some formal ones as well. Thanks Robert.

13. sixpixx says:

Lovely photos. Perfect bride’s cake.

1. Wasn’t it!! 😀 Thanks Six!

14. Oh what pretty photos! I am glad you shared them and congrats to the lovely couple!

1. thank you- and thank you Christy!!

15. O… very beautiful memories and romantic. All beautiful photos Cybele!

1. They are Della! Thanks so much!

16. Maria F. says:

You take great monochrome images with always a story behind them!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you Maria!! It’s been a busy week!

17. lauramacky says:

Beautiful images!! I love the one with the cake and then the bride and groom cutting the cake. A popsicle stick down the toilet??? LOL. Hope you have a backup. I mean extra toilet loool.

Liked by 1 person

1. thank you Laura!! The cake made me laugh- the popsicle stick not!! I have a small condo so only one toilet but a friend came over with a snake!! Yay!! We are unsticked!!! But not before I became unglued!!

1. lauramacky says:

Glad you are “unsticked” and didn’t come unglued, LMAO

18. Love the pictures, Cybele. Weddings don’t have to be a costly affair, as indicated in your nice post. Hope you’ll still have a great day despite the plumbing woes.

Come on , don't be afraid to squeak up!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s